Senior Engineer – Activated Carbon Optimization
We are looking for the right candidate to be responsible for the design, preparation, optimization, and evaluation of our activated carbon as electrode material for supercapacitors and other energy storage solutions at Beyonder AS. The key accountabilities include:
- Design and conduct the preparation of activated carbon through both physical and chemical activations.
- Optimize the pore size and the surface chemistry properties of activated carbon.
- Evaluate the properties of activated carbon, such as texture properties, conductivity, ash content, mental content, elemental composition, surface properties, and thermal stability.
- Assemble organic and ionic electrolyte-based supercapacitor cell inside glove box.
- Evaluate the capacitive properties of activated carbon, such as specific capacitance, electrochemical stability window, internal resistance, and self-discharge rate.
- Tune the activated carbon preparation condition according to the obtained results.
- Support and collaborate with electrode design engineers to improve the properties of activated carbon and optimize the electrode design.
- Ensure efficient project implementation and delivery (fjern komma)from application process to QA and timely outputsl.
- Be a motivator, team player and collaborator for scientific creativity.
- Goal-oriented innovation and positive spirit within the company (eget punkt)
- Contribute in establishing Beyonder as the leading company in energy storage
You should be motivated by the ability to make a change, in pushing the limits and developing more sustainable energy solutions. You enjoy challenging work tasks and the flexibility in a start-up company. You will be involved in everything from R&D to project management in the lab, and be a part of building a new company - and ultimately an industry.
- PhD in the field of chemistry, material chemistry, electrochemistry, chemical engineering, material science or related. Master degree is also acceptable if you have extensive R&D experience.
- Significant experience in the design, preparation, optimization, and characterization of activated carbon as electrode materials for supercapacitors using organic electrolyte.
- Good communication oral and writing skills. Working language is English.
- Critical thinking, structured and analytical skills.
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills.
- Flexible, self-driven and cooperative. (eget punkt)
- Able to work independently and organize own work day in an efficient way
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to operate at all levels within the business and gain credibility from others
- Business acumen
- A great opportunity to be part of developing new technology
- Competitive terms and conditions including insurance- and pension schemes
- Share/dividende and lump sum bonus program for key personnel
- Flexible working hours, good welfare shemes and a great working atmosphere
- Modern office and professional laboratory in Golf Tower at Forus, Stavanger.
Ref. nr: 70321